Learn to teach what you love.
If you love Yoga and want to take the next step to being an instructor, having your own class and sharing your love of yoga with others, then this is your time. Join us in an exclusive yoga teacher training with The Meditation Station at Striving To Be Better Yoga Studios. Over five exciting months you’ll learn to teach yoga in our diverse and welcoming community.
We want to prepare our teachers to teach for life, and having the best teachers in place will help with that preparation. Our mission is to share the benefits of yoga with others, make a difference in students lives, and be part of a growing and supportive community. We endeavor to train teachers who are passionate, caring and creative who can connect with students, and build a positive community. We inspire others to have a positive outlook, live their best life, embrace change, and Strive to be better.
The Meditation Station Yoga teacher training at STBB is limited to 20 motivated students and lead by experts:
- Lindsay Luterman, E-RYT-500, teacher, healer, and master reiki trainer.
- Laura White, E-RYT-500, Yin, restorative, teacher all levels
- Elise Owensby, E-RYT-200, teacher, all levels
In an intimate and highly motivational environment, you’ll learn to teach the yoga that inspires you, whether that is popular vinyasa class, yin yoga, a meditative restorative class, or any style of yoga offered at STBB.
The smaller size of our teacher training means that you’ll receive one-on-one attention, as well as opportunities to teach real, full length classes and develop your style before you start teaching your own classes.
Our training is comprehensive. During your training, you will explore teaching different styles of yoga. If you have a strong interest in a particular style of yoga, you may choose to focus on that style in depth during the second half of the training.
During the intensive training you’ll learn:
- Yogic anatomy and physical anatomy
- Macro-anatomy as it relates to postures
- Kinesiology, as it relates to the physical yoga practice
- Key texts of yogic philosophy, such as the Yoga Sutras and Bhagavad Gita
- Introduction to Ayurveda, the sister science of yoga
- Philosophy and key purpose of various styles of yoga
- How to sequence and teach a variety of styles of yoga, including vinyasa, restorative, and yin
- Teaching themed classes
- Modifications for common conditions and injuries
- Public speaking and in-depth communication skills to help you connect with your students
- Plus, you’ll gain real world experience teaching classes at STBB.**
This training is limited to 20 dedicated students.
Contact us to sign up now!
Training will include:
- Lectures on anatomy, kinesiology, philosophy, and teaching methodology
- Posture clinics
- Led practices incorporating the postures and concepts addressed during the weekend
- Meditation or yoga nidra
- Discussion of relevant texts
- Lectures and practices with guest teachers
- Reiki training, level 1 and 2
Fees: 200 YTT Hour Training
$3,000 paid in full, prior to the start of training.
$2,700 early bird rate, paid in full by April 1, 2020.
$500 non-refundable deposit (in studio only).
(Includes unlimited Yoga classes at STBB while enrolled in training)
Please note: all trainees will be expected to complete an application prior to the start of training.
Please contact the studio for information about payment plans. Deposits and payment plans may be processed in studio only. A reading list will be supplied prior to the start of the training. Students will be responsible for obtaining the items on the list.
Those enrolled in the teacher training may practice at no cost at STBB for the duration of the training.
Refund Policy: $500 non-refundable deposit, remaining funds will be refunded ONLY if STBB is notified of cancellation within 30 days of commencement of training. No refunds will be issued after training has started.
Registration for the Yoga Alliance registered teacher training is now open.
Email us at email@example.com OR
Contact us to sign up now!
200 Hour Teacher Training Weekend Intensive. Our teacher training is an intensive training offered two weekends a month six months starting June 5, 2020. Attendance at all sessions is mandatory. If you must miss a session, it can be made-up with additional assignments, or during the next 200 hour training offered at STBB.
9 Weekends/16 Hours Two Weekends/per Month
Sundays - 11AM-5PM
JUNE Fri 6/5, Sat 6/6, Sun 6/7
JUNE Fri 6/19, Sat 6/20, Sun 6/21
(Off for July 4th weekend)
JULY Fri 7/17, Sat 7/18, Sun 7/19
JULY/ AUGUST Fri 7/31, Sat 8/1, Sun 8/2
AUGUST Fri 8/14, Sat 8/15, Sun 8/16
AUGUST Fri 8/28, Sat 8/29, Sun 8/30
SEPTEMBER Fri 9/11, Sat 9/12, Sun 9/13
SEPTEMBER Fri 9/25, Sat 9/26, Sun 9/27
OCTOBER Fri 10/9, Sat 10/10, Sun 10/11
OCTOBER Fri 10/23, Sat 10/24, Sun 10/25
NOVEMBER Fri 11/6, Sat 11/7, Sun 11/8
NOVEMBER Fri 11/20, Sat 11/21, Sun 11/22
The intensive course will include mandatory class attendance. Membership at STBB is included with your enrollment for the duration of the training.